Monday, July 25, 2011

The Power of Radio

So as many of you know I was hired to be a remote tech for WWWQ - Q100 Atlanta on 99.7FM. Well this has been an interesting experience thus far. I must admit I learned a lot from my internship at WKLS PROJECT 9-6-1 Atlanta but the atmosphere here at Cumulus is way better than Clear Channel. I mean don't get me wrong, they are both HUGE corporations with the bottom line in mind. And both groups need to make a profit but the experience here at Q I would have to say may be better. (That could be bitterness talking but hey it's my blog)

So I've been working here a little over a month now and I must say learning never stops (BTW I got my diploma in the mail about 2 weeks ago!!). I have been trained on a long range wireless transmitter system also called a Marti system (mostly because Marti Electronics makes it). It's actually really freaking sweet but the basic principal is simple, the transmitter / receiver system are built into our station vehicles. These vehicles (two vans and a big bread truck) have 40ft (roughly) extension masts attached to them. They can be raised and pointed back to one of our two transmission locations, flip the switch, and ta-da we are connected to our station. Thus I can manage the live transmission of a DJ from a remote location back to the station then onto the air... It's epic!

Well, till next time,
End Transmission...

No comments:

Post a Comment