Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How time flys!

Space Cadet here and Wow I haven't been back here to post for a bit... Not that anyone is actually reading this, ANYWAY I did get married on May 29th, even tho I never found that video I needed we made due without it. And our Love Story Video turned out AMAZING!!
I am now working for Q100 Atlanta (Cumulus Media) which is an amazing opportunity and I love the job so far! I just wish I was full time instead of part time BUT maybe I'll get there with time. Speaking of full time work, they did just have a position open up but I have to wait at least 6 months before I can apply so right now I am trying to WOW them with my mad skills so that maybe they will consider me for the job... It would be nice and I know that I can do the work. So, I'm going to try to prove it to them!

Let's see... An Update On Us:
Julie, my wife, has started summer school and we don't get to see too much of each other due to the fact that I spend 90% of the week in Atlanta working, again NOT complaining at ALL but it does frustrate both of us. You know, we FINALLY get married and now we never see each other! But I know it will get better, it always does.

Now back to the point of this blog:
Cumulus launched a new station on last Friday, Journey 97.9 on your FM dial (if you live in or around metro ATL that is) is all about playing the best of the 80's and 90's all the time in one location. This is set to completely disrupt the edge that FM Stations, STAR 94 (Big 90's Weekend) and B98.5 (80's Weekend), held on the ratings during the weekend. "How is that going to work?" You might ask, well the answer is simple. I'm sure you love to listen to your weekends on STAR or B98.5, BUT as people learn of the new station, who is going to want to wait for the weekend to get the music they want NOW? That's why The Journey is the answer to STAR 94's and B98.5's weekend programing. Plain and simple!

On a side note: STAR 94 has their "Big 90's Weekend" but what's up with B98.5? "80's Weekend"? I mean you could have named it something that sounded cool like "All Access 80's" or "Totally 80's"! I mean damn if you are going to brand your whole weekend programing block you should really put some thought into it and make it catchy for your listeners!

Alright that's it for today and I really do hope to be back on here more and more updating about what's going on in the Media world, or at least my little corner of it.

Till Next Time!

End Transmission...

No comments:

Post a Comment